Hi, I am Ioannis. The first massage module I came in contact with was the imperial Chinese massage called Chi Nei Tsang. This helped me to discover how much I enjoyed helping others to enhance their own energy flow and thus heal themselves. This experience led me to further studies on Shiatsu, Reiki, Thai Massage, Hatha Yoga, Touch for Health (applied Kinesiologie) and Sotai Corrective Bodywork. Today, as a certified associate instructor of Master Mantak Chia’s Universal Healing Tao System, I teach Conscious Breathing, Healing Sounds, Chinese Yoga, Qi Gong and Meditation. I am also a 300h certified Hatha Yoga teacher by the Lotos Yoga Academy, one of the oldest Yoga Alliance Certified schools in Greece. But mostly I teach and practice Thai massage as a way of living life through “insightful touch”, as one could freely translate the Sanskrit phrase “Kavi Hasta”.
A full list of my teachers follows:
- Panayotis Kontaxakis – Universal Healing Tao Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Dao Yin (Chinese Yoga), Healing Sounds, and Meditation
- Juan Li – Dream Yoga
- Master Wang Ting Yun – Medical Qi Gong for the spine
- Master Wen Mei Yu – Soaring Crane Qi Gong
- Dr. Gaspar Garcia – 8 Jewels Qi Gong
- Dr. Ho – Traditional Chinese Medicine & Ear Acupuncture
- Dr. George Pappas – Tai Chi Qi Gong & Daoist Meditation
- Dr. George Aggelinakis – Bio energy Balancing
- Moscha Skodra – Shiatsu
- George Tsirakidis – Thai Massage
- Spyros Peristeris – Thai Massage
- TMC Thai Massage School – Traditional Thai Massage
- Sunshine Massage School – Thai Massage meets Osteopathy
- Dimitris and Natasa Galani – Reiki I
- Panayotis Manikis – Fukuoka style natural farming
- Master Duan Zhi Liang – Wu Ji Qi Gong
- S.N.Goenka and assistants – Vipassana meditation in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- Master Tew Bunnag – Bodhisattva virtues and Tai Chi Chuan
- Dr. Kyriakos Zografos – Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
- Linda Kapetaniou – Hatha Yoga
- Andrzej Kalisz – Zhan Zhuang Qi Gong
- Panayotis Derventis – Daoyin Yangsheng Gong
- Professor Dimitris Bilalis – Introduction to organic farming
- Biff Mithoefer – Yin Yoga
- Master Juan Li – Tibetan meditation to transform emotions and beliefs
- Robert Krzisnik & Marjeta Novak – The Transformational Power of Nonviolent Communication
- Master Liu Jianshe – Zhineng Qigong
- Irene Norberg – Touch for Health 1 (International Kinesiology College)
- Monroe Institute – Hemi Sync
- Elias Koubounis – Introduction to Laughter Wellness
- Zeta Tabaki – Chinese herbs and applications
- Oriental Medicine Centre – Sotai Corrective Bodywork
- Matthew Dinakis – Su Jok
- Jong Kook Baik – Korean Hand Therapy (KHT)
- Mark Gessler – 5 Elements Acupuncture Theory
- Centre of continuous education and training of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens – Adults Education
- Jeff Reid – Wudang 5 Animals Qigong
We are designed to function in the most optimal way only when we are in our natural environment. Being in nature forces us to become aware and develop our senses
Breath is the link between the body and mind. If the mind is a kite the breath is the thread. The longer the thread, the higher the kite can go
Yoga lovers of Thessaloniki celebrate together the International Yoga Day the way they know best: by doing yoga outdoor
Sanskrit definition of yoga Yoga means ‘union’ or ‘connection’. In Sanskrit, the word ‘yoga’ is used to signify any form of connection. Yoga is both a state of connection and a body of techniques that allow us to connect to anything. Conscious connection to something...
According to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra, the “pathway” (the way towards development and evolution of consciousness and its elevation to the light) of yoga leads upwards to eight stages. In the previous article we discussed about yamas, the first stage. The secong stage,...
The eightfold pathway of yoga According to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra, the “pathway” (the way towards development and evolution of consciousness and its elevation to the light) of yoga leads upwards to eight stages. First stage (Yama) The first stage requires moral...
When someone is in Warrior 2 position, what we see is that he has spread his legs and raised his arms… Easy, right? Let us examine what we don’t see and why this posture is so exquisite and so liked by many Let’s start our check from the floor up The feet are not just...
When my daughter was little and the time had come for her to go to school, she was panicked and did not want to. “Why child, don’t you want to go to school? “ “How can I go??? I don’t even know how to read!!!” This is a true story… It seemed very funny to me and I...
Where there is the light, there is the shadow and none of these conditions is permanent. Each one encounters the possibility to be transformed to the other. Yin Yang symbol pictures this by bringing a spot of light in the dark side and vice versa. Yin is the...
INTRODUCTION Just like when we were young children, when we first started to walk, it was hard in the beginning. It took time and practice. We would fall and get up again, and fall again… When we learn something new, our nervous system forms new synapses in order to...